Ellettsville Shingle Roofing
Shingle roofs are an economical and visually pleasing roofing option that have a long lifespan. Besides a wide variety of styles and colors, their fire rating is among the best and are still a low-cost option that also comes with low maintenance needs.
Sign up for a Free Estimate
Fill Out The Form Below and We'll Contact You ASAP
Some Benefits to Asphalt Shingle Roofs
For these reasons and many others, asphalt shingles are the most popular choice for roofing:
- Low cost - Due to the volume of shingles that we purchase, we can offer you asphalt shingles at a more affordable price than other roof materials.
- Long lifespan - We offer options up to a lifetime warranty on our shingles.
- Wide variety of colors - We offer a multitude of color and styles to suit your taste or your HOA requirements. Your roofing professional will bring samples to your initial meeting so that you can see the options.
- Resistant to wind - We offer a variety of shingles with up to a 130 MPH wind rating.
- High fire resistance
- Lightweight - Compared to other types of materials, shingles can be applied to most roofs without any extra engineering required (unlike tile).
Midwest Storm Exteriors - Reliable Service in Ellettsville
What Makes Up an Asphalt Shingle?
Surface - Granulated Layer
This is the portion of the shingle that will be visible once we complete your roof. It provides the color of the roof as well as offers UV protection to the shingle, allowing it to last longer.
This is what provides for a waterproof roof, protecting the home from water damage.
The base is the frame, or, put another way, the part that provides the structure of the shingle. Most shingles today have a fiberglass base layer. This is what provides the structural integrity of the shingle.
If you look at a shingle before it is installed, you will see what looks like a dotted line on it. This is adhesive and it holds the shingle above from rising with the wind.
Our lifetime shingles have a reinforced nailing strip which provides a 130 MPS wind rating.
Free Estimate and Consultation
Here at Midwest Storm Exteriors, we think that you should have a good idea of how much your roof job is before you get it done. That is why our roofing professionals offer you a free consultation and estimate on the spot at our initial meeting. Then, you can decide why Midwest Storm Exteriors is the right choice for your family.